Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Allahu Akbar!

Alhamdulillah Allah (SWT) is so good. He bestows blessings upon us in abundance... more than we ever acknowledge or seem to realize. I really have no reason to complain about anything, and even if I felt frustrated, Alhamdulillah those moments are from Allah (SWT).
Our house sold this week. Alhamdulillah that was such an answer to prayer. I was getting so concerned as we will be moving to Toronto in a few short weeks and already have secured a place there and it would have meant paying to have two places, but Allah (SWT) sent a family to buy our place. Unfortunately our oven broke down which meant we would need to fix or replace it before we move out but Alhamdulillah they don't want our oven so we didn't need to buy a new one! Alhamdulillah Allah (SWT) meets our needs.

For those of you who read regularly, you know I am a convert and my family is all non-Muslim. Of course I pray that they would find truth in Islam. This week my brother was given a book by a Muslim guy in the library completely out of the blue. Alhamdulillah Allah (SWT) is creating ways for my brother to be exposed to Islam. It is so encouraging for me as sister to see him taking interest in my religion, even if it is only for my sake when he was one of the most upset with my conversion.

I am weeks away from graduation and looking forward to having days to spend reading and surrounding myself with Islam as I did last summer. I can't wait to be connected with a group of Muslima's in Toronto and if any of you know any halakas or classes in TO then please share your information with me...

One other thing I wanted to address this post, which I forgot after the last entry, was that of course if ever any of you read anything that is wrong or naively stated (and may Allah (SWT) forgive me for all of my faults) please never feel afraid to say so and steer me in the right direction. JazakAllah Khair to the brother or sister that wrote a comment about repositioning ones' self in prayer. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and caring enough about another Muslim to make sure they had the right knowledge. May Allah (SWT) reward you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will miss you here but I prey that you be happy and successful in everything you do wherever you are.
In the mean time, I will always check your weblog:-)

Anonymous said...

sallam sister,
how are you and your family.Alihamdulillah i'm good.from your post,you relocated from winnipeg to toronto.nice having you in toronto.Alihamdulillah, we do have a good muslim community here in toronto.i'm a student in university of Manitoba but have my family here in toronto.currently here for summer.we do have lectures in masjid at lanrence/ victorial park.which is very educative Masha Allah.
pls i do have alot of questions for you for the islamic store and where is located in toronto.Also i'll be glad to meet you Insha Allah.where do u live?isha Allah you can email me at haqudrat@yahoo.com.nice to meet you and looking forward to meet you insha Allah.take care sister
sallam to your family.
ma assalam