Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Explosion in Toronto--- Thanking Allah to be Alive

Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah...
what else can I do but praise Allah (SWT) after my weekend's events. As now it is world news, I am sure many of you have seen the explosion that occurred in TO recently at a propane plant. That plant was at the end of my street. Here are some addresses to view the video clips from the explosion.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/mynews/fire-in-the-sky/#clip72836
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV5udSWJcZo

Truly the scariest moment of my life. I have no idea how everyone in my neighbourhood survived, how houses are still standing...
The night it happened I had just got off the phone with a dear friend of mine and we were discussing the importance of reciting your dua before going to bed. To ask Allah (SWT) for protection if you were to live another day, or forgiveness if he takes you that night.
When I contemplate how close we were such harm, all I can do is thank Allah (SWT) for the reminder of His Mercy.
When we finally returned to our home yesterday we were met with broken windows and other surface damage to the homes around us. A small reminder of what happened to all of us. Really nothing in comparison to what our brothers and sisters in Afghanistan, Palestine and too many other areas experience everyday.
I pray that I will never forget the fear I had that night, the greatfulness I had to Allah (SWT) that night, the thoughts of the hellfire and how I pleaded with Allah (SWT) to save me from it. I never want to forget for one second any of it and I ask forgiveness from Him that it took such an event to really knock me into the type of worship I should be doing daily.
Allah (SWT) is Merciful, and is Powerful... I know this now more than ever before.

No comments: