Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Announcements

I have been meaning to post for the last little while... I guess time got away on me. I just have a couple of announcements that I thought people should be aware of. 

Firstly, mark your calendars. Journey of Faith Conference II is July 4th and 5th of this year in Toronto. Last year was incredible. Insha'Allah I will see you all there. 

This weekend April 11 and 12 in Toronto at Khalid bin Waleed Mosque there is a conference with a great speaker list mash'Allah. Check it out at www.khalidmosque.com/en/

If you haven't already heard Al Kauthar is offering knowledge hive to the students of Toronto/GTA. Shukh from around the world will be attending. Seats are limited to 100. Check it out at www.alkauthar.org

Still a favorite. www.quranexplorer.com for those of you who are wanting to listen to the Qur'an and/or memorize. There are lots of options for repetition, reciters, tajweed....

www.understandquran.com This site is amazing mash'Allah! With tutorials to help with memorizing, word lists to teach the most common words in the Qur'an and much more, it is a favorite for those who are seeking to understand and memorize the Qur'an.

Lastly, I have been invited to speak in a class at U of T this week. I will be presenting with another student of the class, speaking mainly about women in Islam. I am really excited although incredibly nervous. Please keep me in your dua that Allah gives me clairity in speech, and that my intention remain for His sake alone. Insha'Allah it brings benefit. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister Jenny,

Thanks for useful links. Insha'Allah, Allah SWT will give you clarity in your presentation. Remember Moses alayhissalam made dua to Allah SWT before he begun his test against Phorah. That dua would help you during your speech if you do before and during presentation Insha'Allah.

Ma'assalama