Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Labbayk Allahuma Labbayk


Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem

Labbayk Allahum Labbayk... Here I am Oh Allah, Here I am. It was the dua of the crowd of Hajj, the cries of the hearts of the pilgrims. Oh Allah here I am... here I am waiting for You, for Your Forgiveness, for Your Mercy, for Your Blessing, for Your Favour. The supplication of tawaf, of the time spent in ihram...
The Hajj season has passed a new year in the Islamic calendar begins today-- Did we come away changed? Was it a Hajj Mabroor? Is the cry of Labbayk Allahuma Labbayk still wet on our tongues? Are we still seeking Allah's favour and His Mercy? What did we attain? What do we deserve?
Evidence of a Hajj Mabroor is the steadfastness of the servant after the Hajj has been completed. That the practice of righteous actions will establish and maintain themselves. That sins would be left. Al-Hasan al-Basri said, “Al-Hajj al-Mabrur is to return abstinent from this world and desiring the hereafter. This is witnessed to in His saying, “And those who are guided – He increases them in guidance and gives them their righteousness (taqwa, fearful awareness of Allah, care to avoid His displeasure).” (47:17)
Have we changed? It is true that we must hope in Allah's Mercy, as without it we have no hope, but to supplicate for forgiveness and the Favour of Allah without doing anything to change ourselves is like saying "I will lose weight" and then continuing to eat junkfood every meal. Allah is capable of all things that is certain, and most definitely making dua is the best action a Muslim can take... sincere supplication. However one of the distinguishing characteristics of the Muslim from the other followers of other religions is that we are accountable-- We must strive to better ourselves, to earn forgiveness, to avoid sin. In another example of an obligatory ibaddah of the Muslim-- ramadan, the Prophet Sallahu Alayhi wa Salam and his companions would supplicate to Allaah for six months that He would allow them to reach Ramadaan. If He allowed them to reach Ramadaan, they would fast, pray at night and supplicate for the next six months that He accepts the month of Ramadaan from them. The righteous predecessors would struggle to complete and perfect their deeds, hoping afterwards, that it would be accepted and fearing that it would be rejected. From the reports of ‘Alee, “Be more concerned with having your deeds accepted than the deed itself. Did you not hear Allaah say: ‘Verily Allaah, only accepts those from those who fear Him. (i.e. possess taqwaa).’ [5:27] “[Lataa'if ul Ma'aarif, p. 246]

Labbayk Allahuma Labbayk... here I am O Allah. Make me of those who is deserving of your mercy, who honors the gift of Islam that you have given me, who honors the gift of Hajj that you gave me. Change my heart, make me fear only You, worship only You, seek only You and your favour. Change my heart O Allah, make me sincere, purify me, make me steadfast. Accept my Hajj O Allah, and invite me back to your house.
Here I am O Allah, Here I am... keep me as one of your servants, keep my heart firm on your religion. Accept my ibadda, accept my Hajj O Allah... Ameen




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ameen. Jazak Allah khair.

I too just came from hajj. And it was an uplifting and beneficial experience, inshaAllah.

From baking in the sun listening to the khutbah whilst sitting 5 rows away from the Khabbah. Listening live to the beautiful recitation from the same qari's I listen to when memorizing the Qur'an. From visiting the city and masjid of the Prophet and saying salam to him, sallahu alayhi wasalam. From chasing a janazah as it quickly entered Al Baqee'. From standing in Arafat, draped in simple cloths.

Truly an amazing experience. Hajj mabroor, inshaAllah. May Allah, the Most High, allow us to be better than before we left.

Anonymous said...

Asalaamu alaikom sister!
Welcome back and hajj mabrook. May Allah swt accept your hajj inshAllah.

Sr Nichole :)

Edward Ott said...

Great Picture very cool blog.

shahanarashahin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abdullah Ammar Al-imarah said...

alhamdulillah.. a great experience expressed perfectly.. glad to have read thie.. hope one day it'll be my turn..

Fahim ul amin said...

mashalllah.........

Fahim ul amin said...

mashallah